Tuesday, March 24, 2020

     As anyone reading this post knows, we are on self-imposed exile-ha!- from our friends and family. Fortunately, we are blessed to live in a beautiful climate with flowers in bloom and many birds in our yard.  My husband begins feeding them in November when they migrate South. They are faithful to those who feed them! They hover around until May.  Right now, we have a bluebird nest in our birdhouse! Flowers are in bloom.  Bottle brush tree is in full blossom.  Lawns are green. 
     Today our polo facility began testing for the COV-19 virus. We are a community of 125 vulnerable Senior Citizens.  Polo season cancelled as has everything else. Even the dog parks closed today. We pray the virus does not circulate here with Seniors being high risk.
     So let's focus on gratitude.  I have begun writing a new book entitled "Become a Beacon of Light".
This was the topic chosen by the North Lake Presbyterian Church ladies for their retreat theme.  I was the keynote speaker and they were extremely gracious to me.  I presented how to develop the 9 Fruit of The Spirit to reflect God's light and love. 
     I am grateful for the privilege of speaking to groups of men and women who are hungry for encouragement and direction. I am grateful to have published four books in the past three years. I am grateful I am a pen pal with my main character. My main character in "The Christmas Slayings"....
The book is a fictionalized version of true events occurring in Dayton Ohio 1992.  I moved the setting, changed events, and used different names.
     Let me know you have read my blog.  I will read yours!
Blessings and prayers for your health.

Yaya Phyllis

No comments:

Post a Comment