Saturday, February 29, 2020

2020 The Year of Clarity

Good morning!
I am looking out my windows.  The bottle brush tree is in full bloom. In Florida, some trees bloom several times a year. My husband has a bird feeder hanging from a limb. There are two cardinals chowing down in a hurry. The squirrels will soon frighten them away. A red, plastic dish hanging on the wire above the feeder is meant to keep the critters from reaching the seed. Somehow, they manage to sway the feeder enough to scatter seed from the ledge to the ground.

The pasture below us extends several acres. The farmer sold land beyond to a dog park owner. It is quite a vista. Often, I sit in my swing and just think and pray and take in the natural beauty surrounding our modest ranch home. My recently purchased piano also faces the meadow. I am truly blessed.

The protagonist from my crime novel- "The Christmas Slayings"- turned 48 on the 27th of this month. We e-mail one another frequently. It works much quicker than the U.S. mail and costs less. She was very sad to report no one wished her a happy birthday but me. I sent her a health and beauty aides package but it has not arrived. She submitted a list to me and then wrote back saying she hoped she didn't scare me off. I am her only contact, as far as I know, to the outside world. She has been incarcerated for 21 years and will serve a life-time. If you are inclined, please pray for her. Her name is Heather.

Have a great week-end! We are off to the Greek festival.

Yaya Phyllis


No comments:

Post a Comment