Thursday, February 27, 2020

Leap Year

Dear Friends,

Every four years, we are blessed with an extra day! Happy early birthday to my friends with February 29th birthdays. I would love to hear how you celebrate the other three years! Please comment....

I will not forget this February 29th.  Why?  I will receive my first royalty check for "The Christmas Slayings" which launched in December. Thank you to all who have purchased it.  I hope you like it and if you do, please publish a brief review on Amazon.

I am corresponding with the protagonist in this novel.  She will be 48 years old soon and has been serving a life sentence since the age of 21. Although she didn't shoot anybody, she was with the gang and received as long a sentence as one of the two shooters. She believes God has a purpose for her life and is relatively content serving the Lord in prison. What purpose?  For one thing, she facilitates Celebrate Recovery which is a Christian addiction recovery program. In addition, she scares young women straight. Those serving brief sentences see what poor choices can result in and want no part of becoming a "lifer". She says she works from 6:00 a.m. till 3:00 pm sewing flags.  She likes the work. It puts her in contact with other women and makes the days go quickly.

If you have read this post, please comment to encourage me to write often.  I have been on a sabbatical, so to speak, because I was not getting responses. As Heather ends each of her jail e-mails to me, be safe and thank you for your prayers.

Yaya Phyllis


No comments:

Post a Comment