Friday, May 1, 2020

Happy May Day,
I would write more often if I knew you were following me.  Without comments, I assume you are not reading my posts.
It has been 46 days of "shelter in place" or "self-quarantine".... My husband and I have actually enjoyed the time together.
We pray, watch Christian television and our church on-line services. We also broke down and subscribed to Netflix. 
We have watched every sports movie!  We play cards and games, play golf, sit in our swing and enjoy the farmland behind our house, and cook alot! 
We have resorted to putting together jig saw puzzles- mostly me but Dan joins in a few minutes each day. We absolutely love riding somewhere scenic in the golf cart to see a magnificent sunset.
And...
A message of inspiration: The protagonist in my novel, "The Christmas Slayings", writes to me from prison in Ohio.  She has kept me posted during this pandemic. She usually sews flags but since this crisis occurred she said they sewed two million masks for healthcare providers. Now they are sewing disposable gowns, 250 a day.  They work twelve hours a day during the week and eight hours on the week-end days. She is happy to be able to contribute. She was baptized a few months ago and feels that God has a purpose for her life.
During this time of being sequestered,  I wrote a book based on my keynote presentation to NorthLake Presbyterian Church women's retreat. "Beome a Beacon of Light"- Reflect the love of Jesus by developing the characteristics of the Fruit of the Spirit. Watch for it on Amazon and Facebook.
I hope you are safe and well.
Yaya Phyllis aka Dr. Rosie Klein aka Phyllis Kuehnl-Walters aka Phyllis K. Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment