Saturday, January 19, 2019

Dear Friends,

What has happened to January? It is passing so quickly. I believe this year will be a year of breakthroughs, prosperity, and purpose.

I am  not simply practicing Mindfulness but I chose to live a life of Intentionality. I am being Intentional about how I use my time and my resources. More importantly, I am being Intentional about what I put into my mouth and what comes out of my mouth. I have been enrolled in a chaplaincy course to be trained to do the work of a chaplain. This can be in a variety of settings:  Hospital, Rehab centers, Nursing homes, Prisons, and Armed Forces. I have learned that my role is to listen, listen, listen. My role is to reflect on what the person needs and provide comfort, hope and validation. It is not my place to convert, convict or convince the person of anything.

I sense that God had a purpose for placing me in that class "at such a time as this"..The course, unfortunately, has been cancelled. The teacher's part-time job as a prison chaplain has suddenly become a forty hour a week job. But in the month that I have been in his mentorship, if you will, I have gained much insight and wisdom. I will implement my new learning into other roles that I play in this stage of my blessed life.

I ask you? How much listening do you do in lieu of preaching or presenting your opinions?
Whose needs do you meet? Your own or the person you are called to encourage?

Join me in living a life of serving the interests of others without concern of personal gain.
God know your heart. He know what purpose your good works serves. Let's serve our "neighbors"
with joy. You will have such meaning in this season of your life.

Let me hear from you!
Doctoryaya



No comments:

Post a Comment